Making your own mosaic vase can be a fun way to create your own designs and proudly display them with floral bouquets, surely a great conversation piece!
You will need:
- vase of your choice, square vases are great for beginners
- stained glass: purple, pink, green, light blue, and orange are great colours
- clear construction adhesive such as Liquid Nails gel
- tan sanded grout
- safety glasses
- a small glass cutter
- tile seal
1. Wearing safety glasses and gloves, use a small glass cutter to score lines on the smooth side of the glass to make shapes. Turn the glass over and tap with the round end of the cutter until all pieces are broken.
2. Have a pattern in mind and keep your colors separated. Draw your pattern on the vase with adhesive. Place the glass. Let dry for 24 hours.
3. Mix grout slowly with water according to the manufacturer's directions. Wearing gloves, spread grout thickly over the glass, making an effort to get in between the small pieces. Let dry for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Use a rag to wipe all the dried grout off the glass. Polish. In 24 hours, finish with tile seal.
And there you have it! A simple and easy way to be create your own unique vases, and you will surely be showing them off with pride!