Enjoy the gift of roses throughout the year, by adding a delightful fragrance to every room in your home!
- Collect The Rose Petals after the flower has fully opened but before they turn brown.
- Dry them on any flat surface, a cookie sheet would work well.
- Place the flowers on a single layer. Do not pack them tightly together or on top of each other or they will decompose. It takes about one week to be completely dried out.
- For every liter of petals you collect add 1 tablespoon of herbs (sandalwood, oak moss or dry lavender are good choices)
- Add a little spice. (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, dried orange peels, etc)
- Lastly, add a few drops of essential oil (an aroma additive) or, if you prefer, try your favorite perfume.
- Seal the mixture in a jar, and let it sit for about two weeks. Give the jar a gentle shake every day.
- An easy way to make a rose potpourri sachet is to place a small handful of the fragrant mixture in a lace or linen handkerchief or other delicate fabric and tie the four corners with a satin bow or ribbon.